Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is one of the best reviewed titles available on Nintendo's new console, and the experience is now even better. Sega has announced that a new update is available for the Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 versions of the game, which address a number of glitches and bugs while making a few small adjustments. Here are the official release notes.
- Vehicle collisions in online races handle high latency much better.
- X360 - Increased timeouts to allow for less network errors.
- Rating reset issues should be resolved.
- -100 Rating Penalty for players who quit races intentionally (even for router resets).
- Starlight Carnival - Road shader adjusted to prevent 'driving in the sky' issue.
- Super pick-ups in arenas should work in all cases now.
- Rare issue leaving players unable to return to lobby addressed.
- Tuned the difficulty of Traffic Attack, Ring Race, and certain Race events in World Tour.
- Corrected certain traffic attack gates not giving you extra time.
- Made the ‘Skip event after 3 failed events?’ option appear on all difficulties.
- Team Sonic - Made achievable in local gameplay so this is easier to get.
- Yokozuna - No longer unlocks when you only beat Sunshine Tour Expert Ghost.
- ‘Beat someone 500 points higher than you’ sticker no longer awarded unless criteria met.
- 'Meteor Strike' No longer triggers incorrectly.
- Time Attack – Multiple exploit fixes.
- Online play - Multiple exploit fixes.
- Co-op swap weapon slot now allows you to swap if you already have a weapon.
- Improved front end leaderboard caching.
- In-games triggers now handle physics tunnelling better for very fast players.
- incorrect HUD showing ‘Lap 2’ cases addressed.
- Improved motion controls for Wii-U
- Favourite character in license no longer incorrect.
- Hot-Rod physics effect in Arena's clamped.
- Occasionally being able to drive through Swarm attacks corrected.
- Announcer should now say correct finishing position in high latency games
- All-Star music volume level corrected
- Reverb effects removed when audio disabled.