The staff of IGN recently took a look at three levels of Sonic: Lost World, which is coming exclusively to the Wii U and 3DS. Here's a brief summary of what they had to report:
- Sonic Team hopes to use the same design for new 3D Sonic games
- Levels include "Wind Hill" & "Desert Ruins"
- Desert Ruins consists of a Cake, Candy and sweet themed environment.
- Sonic builds up speed slowly, the player decides when he wants to go faster and then with another button decides when he wants to unleash the next level of speed.
- Parkour system, designed to allow players to navigate objects at speed without coming to a dead stop.
- Wisp’s are back, as are the wisp powers.
- 2 player “support” mode confirmed.
- Sonic is the only playable character.
- Tails, Knuckles & Amy appear in the story, they are not playable.
- The planet is called ‘Lost Hex.’
- Rescuing animals will influence various unlockable content.
- Red Rings are back.
- Gold cannons are used to unlock secret/alternative paths.
Sega recently released the first trailer for the game. You can watch it here.
Source: uk.ign.com via sonicstadium.org