The critically acclaimed adventure game Knytt Underground is coming to the Wii U eShop on December 19th. The adventure game was created by indie developer Nifflas and was originally released on the PlayStation 3, PS Vita and PC. The Nintendo console version will boast some improvements over the previous versions. Details and trailer after the break.
Here's a brief excerpt from the official press release:
- Over 1,800 intricately designed rooms to explore
- Even more secrets to discover, quests to embark on and rooms to uncover!
- Exclusively to Wii U on consoles, the Infinity Hype update brings improvements and changes based on fan feedback from Reddit
- With new graphical effects and flourishes, the Wii U version is the best looking console version of the game
- Thanks to the Nintendo GamePad, you can view the map easily, seeing where you’ve explored & where you have yet to venture.
The game features plenty of platforming, with exploration being the driving force. The protagonist can run, jump, and turn into a ball, allowing players to reach areas that would otherwise be inaccessible. According to this review by honestgamers.com, the game received an ESRB rating of M based solely on the fact that some of the non-playable characters use the f-word when speaking. You can check out the trailer below.