Developer Shin'en Multimedia have announced their second Wii U game is The Art of Balance: TOUCH! It appears to be a souped-up version of the 3DS game of the same name, which, in turn, was originally released as a WiiWare title, garnering some very respectable scores from critics and praise from average gamers.
Here are some of the features to look forward to:
- Off-TV play, and multiple control schemes such as analogue, touch screen and Wii Remote.
- Multiple online and local multiplayer modes for both competitive or co-operative play. Up to five players can participate in the various modes at once — one on GamePad, four on Wii Remotes — while up to ten people can play across two Wii Us in online matches.
- Online Leaderboards will be a feature, and their goal is to be region free.
- HD graphics that incorporate all new designs and locations (A few pictures below).
- More accurate physics that are processed at 240 frames-per-second (as opposed to the 30 FPS physics that the 3DS featured)
- All the levels from the previous games, and then some.
The most obvious improvements are the HD graphics, more accurate physics, and smoother animations. As many of you are perfectly aware, Shin'en Multimedia are known for making quality games, including the outstanding Wii U eShop title Nano Assault Neo, which received a solid 9 out of 10 from our very own reviewer, Jake "The King of Video Games."
For those of you who want to get a feel for what The Art of Balance: TOUCH! has to offer, you can find a trailer for the original WiiWare version after the break.