There's tons of activity on the North American Wii U eShop this week. Two scrolling shoot 'em ups by the names of GAIABREAKER and XType Plus have arrived, and Dahku Creation's touchscreen-based Soon Shine is now available to download.
The Virtual Console has received two new additions: Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge, which was originally released on the Game Boy Advance, and Double Dragon II: The Revenge, a classic beat 'em up released on the NES in the late 80s.
That's not all. There are four eShop titles on sale, although the quality of said titles is a mixed bag. Details and videos after the break.
Wii U eShop
- Shoot 'em up
- Has received mixed reviews
- From Ubiquitous Entertainment
- Shoot 'em up
- Developed using Nintendo Web Framework
- From PhobosLab
- Players touch and swipe GamePad's touchscreen as they fend off hungry spirits
- Features power ups
- From Dahku Creations, creators of the fun but hard platformer Chubbins
- Received a solid recommendation from our own "King of Video Games." Click here for review.
Wii U Virtual Console
Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge
- Action RPG with unique battle system
- Sequel to Mega Man Battle Network
- From Capcom
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
- Beat 'em up originally released on the NES
- Sequel to NES version of Double Dragon
- Very different from arcade game of the same name, features more moves and is arguably superior
- Developed by Technos Japan Corporation
- This version courtesy of publisher Arc System Works
Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts
Gravity Badgers — $3.49 until August 28th (normally $4.99)
Hello Kitty Cruisers — $9.99 between August 18th and September 1st (normally $19.95)
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails — $4.99 until August 21st (normally $9.99)
ZaciSa's Last Stand — $1.49 until 28th August 28th (normally $2.99)